So what do I do now that I'm not plotting a grand robbery of the local bakery truck? I have 2 weeks left of my Yoga Teacher Training, something I always wanted to do but I let myself be held back by my weight. This has been an amazing journey in and of it's self and I'll be sad that its over. I've been putting some of my new found skills to use by teaching at a few gyms during the week.
Another amazing thing that happened this last week.... Drum roll please..... Someone took a candid picture of me and when I saw it my automatic reaction wasn't "Well its better then before..." I was actually comfortable with the photo. This picture actually looked like the way I see myself! I've learned that there are many reasons that we gain weight. Just one of the reasons I did was because I just didn't see myself as an overweight person. It would actually shock me when I would walk by a window and see my own reflection. So this simple innocent candid picture was a huge success for me!
Now that I only have one more weigh in until I am a LIFETIME MEMBER and only weigh in once monthly those creepy, sneaky, indulgent thoughts have begun to resurface. I drive past a restaurant and it occurs to me that I wont have to weigh in for a month.... I could go there... probably more then once! The old Sunnie is excited! The LIFETIME MEMBER in me is ticked! Its going to be hard still. I will struggle with these choices daily. Just like the first day I started WW. Thats life! But I never want to feel so out of control as I did 45 pounds ago. My emotions and feelings towards food will not control. My goals and aspirations will.
It is definitely a lifestyle choice that you have to make to continue to pay attention to your "Lifetime Member"-self and not your "45 pounds heavier"-self, but it is worth it!! Keep up the amazing work, you are wonderful and SO worth it!!
ReplyDelete