Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Zen State Of Mind

I've been attending the Yoga Teacher Training at the U and I'll be finished in a month. The first week of school I was exhausted and cranky about the program. Doing 4 hours of yoga on each day of school and all the hours we had to complete outside of the class room were intense to say the least!

There are 7 others students in the class and they all bring their own spice to the mix. Its been so amazing to learn so many new wonderful things from the instructors and my classmates. I've tried things that I thought I might never do, I've done things wrong for years without knowing, I've felt inspired by something as simple as breathing. Not to mention that its done wonders with my weight loss goals! Its a lot of extra physical activity but I think the real trick has been in the meditations practices. Accepting where you are on any giving day and allowing yourself to be human but to also improve.

I know that if I hadn't changed my habits a year and half ago and I had let myself accept that were I was in life was all I deserved I would never have taken this program. I would have never believed in myself and my ability to make the things that I want happen for me. Nothing is beyond reach if its something that can enrich your life and the life of those around you.

Something like being a healthy weight seems so simple now but I remember when I really didn't believe that I would ever feel thin. I actually believed that it was just not the way my body was built. Now when people say to me, oh I couldn't do that, or I've tried and it just doesn't work for me I want to shake them. It's a mind set and of course our naturally amazing, intricate and self balancing bodies want us to healthy!

Looking back I don't miss a single food that I said no to. I don't feel tired from the mornings I had to literally drag myself out of bed to work out. Looking back it seemed so easy. So worth it. So rewarding! If you are thinking that you want to loose some weight or you want to shape up for the new year my only piece of advice would be to JUST DO IT! Its not as hard as it seems and the benefits are manifested daily.

Thanks for the love.

As a side note I've been teaching Yoga on Monday and Wednesday at Far East Fitness in Cottonwood Heights at 6:30 and I would love it if you came.

No comments:

Post a Comment