Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Week 26: Pole Fitness


Suzanne, who happens to be my workout inspiration right now, asked me if I wanted to go to Pole Fitness with her.  Because I've vowed never to say no to a chance to get up and move more I said yes.  We went to the authority on Pole Fitness, Jen Wilkes.  Jen owns Pole Expression, she is a spoonful of sugar with a nice kick in the teeth.  She had us lifting, kicking, spinning, and crunching for an hour.  The pole may look all cute and sexy, which it is don't get me wrong, but wow!  It's deadly! Add a no nonsense fitness instructor and be prepared to work!

I wasn't as bad as I was expecting which is always a nice surprise!  But Jen was determined to make me suffer at least a little.  Jen guarantees results and really wants each student to get the most out of class.  Jen's classes are geared towards total body fitness.  You wont find yourself half naked, spread eagle, and upside down on the pole.  This class is about using the pole to help you use your body weight as resistance.  You get to wear huge heels and do a few spins but if fitness isn't fun... who cares!

Favorite Part Of Class:  The shoes!
Difficulty Level: 7
BodyMedia Calorie Burn: 216
Price: Drop-In $15.00



Check out Pole Expression on Facebook for the Location and Class Times.  Spaces are limited because there are only 5 poles so you have to sign up for a class in advance. 

TRY IT!  Let me know when you are going and I'll come along!

No comments:

Post a Comment