I sit next to a girl at work that is the queen of self control when it comes to dieting. It's amazing. She just finished a 16 week round of dieting and lost 40 pounds. One day she came into work and said that she cheated on her diet.... I was shocked.... Then she told me that she had put salsa on her chicken..... Really? She was really disappointed in her self but I was thinking.... that's really not a big deal. Salsa is pretty healthy. Anyway that is just a glimpse into how serious she is. She also was in a figure competition a while ago. I've seen the pictures and they are honestly amazing! It's just so crazy that she did that with her body! I asked her if she thought it was worth it. She said it was the hardest thing she has ever done but that it was 100% worth it. I was pretty psyched when she told me that, but still not totally ready to commit. Then we had another conversation after she had finished her 16 week diet and we had just gone out to dinner and dessert. She said that even though she had lost all this weight recently she was so afraid to gain weight and she had not been practicing the same amount of self control anymore. She said that because of the figure competition she did she knows what her body has the potential to do, even though she lost 40 pounds she still feels fat. The girl is 21 and weighs about 125 pounds. She is really fit. I was not to surprised to hear her say this though. The prep that it takes to get to your competition is intense. You will look amazing but you do everything you can to lean out for the day but it's not something that is maintainable. It was kinda sad to hear her say that she still felt fat when I was thinking... girl I would love to look like you. But when you think about it. I've still 40 pounds less then my heaviest weight and I still feel uncomfortable in my own skin. When I was talking to my friend she was concerned that she was the only one that felt that way.... I think we can all agree that most of us have felt that way at one time or another.
I think the best game plan for me is going to be to set a few goals in stages. When a stage is reached a re-evaluation of the next stages goals can be made. That way I break down my ultimate goal and allow myself to continue to work in the direction that I feel is best for me dependent on the stage I just reached. Now it's time to figure out what the my first game plan will be.
STAGE #1
Get out of the "overweight" BMI range
How will I do this?
Work with my trainer
Daily food tracking
Work with my nutritionist (Starting in July)
Daily physical activity (a balance of cardio and lifting)
Home cooking. I want to make more of an effort to cook, not boring, whole, delicious food.
I think this is a simple plan to get my started. I do most of these things but not with consistency. To be out of the over weight range I just need to lose 9 pounds.
No comments:
Post a Comment