Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Week Uno!

Where to start??
At the beginning of course.  I have not been very disciplined and it's been a year since I was at 123 which was my leanest to date.  Starting off this week I was at 140.6 which is a whooping 17.6 pound gain.  I've got 14 weeks to get to my bikini clad vacation to St. Thomas (Which has really stirred my motivation) I picked out the suit and it is on it's way to my house as we speak. 

I've not committed to being in a body competition... not yet.  The truth is I'm afraid I wont be able to hack it.  My trainer said I could.... I've talked to a few people that have done it and they said it was100% worth it.  But I'm still not ready to fully commit to the idea.  I feel that there are a few things that I want to complete to prove to myself that I can be committed enough to get the job done.

Goal #1:
The weekend, while they can be fun, are not a calorific free for all..... If I did great all week long but let myself pig out on the weekend that equates to 40% of my week blown. My personal mantra is "Never give up when your half way there!"  That mantra has gotten me through many a workouts and it will get me through this.  Get it together girl!  Everything I eat will reward me.  That reward could be a clean and energetic me or a new dipple on my bedunk-adunk.  I get to decide.

Goal#2:
I've changed my work schedule to avoid the time of day I like to call the "Munch-A-Bunch" You know what I'm talking about!  When I get off at 4:30 and get home and don't have anything planned and no one there to witness the Munch-A-Bunch until 7, that is when it hits... I can consume hundreds of calories in this period of time.  I make crazy concoctions to serve my sugar cravings and then have to give in to my salt cravings to balance it out. I just never seem to get full.  This is the time of day when I think I should hit up the gym but that would take to much time and energy so I end up at the store with a package of cookies or a jar of peanut butter.  It's a very scary time of day.  Because I wanted to get off at 4:30 I only had time in the morning to get ready and go.  I've changed my schedule now to get off at 5:30... just an hour difference but that hour gives me time to workout in the morning, pack my lunch, and get to work on-time and unstressed.  It also makes it so I get off work in time for my evening workouts or to run errands but not enough time to sit in front of the TV and wear out the carpet between my couch and my fridge.  Munch-A-Bunch is going down!

This is where I'm starting.  I've already planned out my week and will post it.  I've already been tested as well and have the photo proof! 

More to come

No comments:

Post a Comment