When we got to the race the traffic was backed up from the free way all the way to the parking spot that you might find about 10 blocks from the race. When Ivy and I finally got the start line and found Cozy I had to go to the bathroom! They had a bunch of Porta-Potty's with huge lines so I started to wait. I probably moved 3 feet before I heard someone on a megaphone say "On your mark! Get set! GO!!!" So I ran to where Ivy and Cozy where waiting and we started the shuffle!
At this point I really had to go! I thought that maybe I could ignore it for the next 30 to 40 minutes.... but it wasn't likely. So when I saw a guy that worked at a Mexican restaurant hanging out outside looking at all the commotion I asked if I they had a bathroom. I guess I wasn't the only person who had the same idea because I had to wait in another, shorter, line. Then we were off.
I would say about half way through we got our stride and we started to jog. Ivy had been pushing the stroller with a mesmerized Anya in it and she had been pushing it up hill and through the swarms of people and I knew it must have been harder then it looked. So I asked if I could push it and she handed over the stroller. Believe it or not, it was MUCH harder! Kudos to Ivy because wow!
When we were about 3 blocks from the finish we passed Sam, Mom, Mike, Greg, and Roz cheering us on! At the finish line the crowd came to a dead stop and it was like being at the start line again! We finally found an uncrowded spot to meet everyone and we celebrated the race and the cause! It was amazing! I refused to take my "Race For The Cure" shirt off for the rest of the day! That was an incredible experience that I'm so happy I was able to be a part of. Thanks again to every one's support and love and don't worry if you couldn't make it because Mike took some amazing pictures for us and I can't wait to see them!
No comments:
Post a Comment