I have spoken with a few friends that have tried HCG and liked it. It is so tempting to get big results like this so quickly! With less then 10 pounds to loose and my dwindling motivation I have to admit to being tempted.
I have lost 40 pounds just from eating better and exercising! Its not that hard, its proven to work, and I can eat more then 500 calories and not mess with my bodies chemistry. So there are my cons for trying HCG.
The pros..... I could lose a pound a day!
Lets discuss,
What is your opinion about HCG?
Messing with your body chemistry freaks me out! It makes me nervous...I think it would work, but then I think, what would happen once you stop injecting this horomone? What if it throws your body equilibrium out of whack and you end up gaining everything back??! Ugh..I know it's tempting, but lifestyle changes (like you have been doing) have the most promising long term effects. Exercising and eating right might take longer, but I think it's SO worth it in the long run! Also, it CAN'T be healthy to lose a pound a day! You should make your own decision, but that's my take on it...for what it's worth!
ReplyDeleteSunnie, I am currently on the HCG diet. HCG is a natural hormone your body produces when you are pregnant. When a women first get pregnant their body has a hard time adjusting to the living being growing inside of them and causes most people to become sick... aka... morning sickness. Because most women in the first trimester of pregnancy have a hard time eating to maintain their body weight, their body starts to produce the HCG hormone. It opens the "abnormal" fat cells in your body allowing you to function on a very low calorie diet. Because it is using your fat storage that is how you are able to lose on average 1 pound a day. It is not a diet aid. Because you have less than 10 pounds to go I would not try this. You alter your eating habits so severely and have to eat MEAT!!! You also have a longer maintenance to keep the weight off or you will gain it right back, consisting of a lot of meat. If you would like some info on it let me know and I can email it to you. Talk to a doctor and they will be able to help you decide if it is right for you or if you should just stick with what your doing. You have done an amazing job so far! Love ya! Suzanne
ReplyDeleteI agree with Jenny, it freaks me out. Just because it's a natural hormone doesn't mean it's natural for someone to inject themselves with it (or take it in any form). The 500 calorie diet will, of course, make you lose weight all by itself. HCG is supposedly to make you lose weight in the form of fat instead of lean muscle which is great and all but it doesn't exactly promote exercise. Also, the Journal of the American Medical Association and the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition have both warned that it is not safe. Society is always looking for a quick fix to their problems (obesity being a major one) which is why this HCG diet is so popular. What happens when the diet is over and they revert to their original eating habits and lack of exercise? They'll return to their previous weight. You've lost 40 pounds by doing it the right way, eating the right food and exercising and I'm very proud of you.
ReplyDelete