Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sarong Free!

While I was paroozing a second hand WW magazine 6 weeks ago I was suddenly inspired by an article.  It was about 4 women each with individual goals to get into shape for the summer.  One women stood out to me!  Her article was entitled "Sarong-Free"!  How would it be ladies, not to be ashamed of our thighs before they go and make an arse of themselves? I knew I had found the perfect motivation to keep to an exercise regime!  So I tore out the article with the 6 week program and packed my gym bag! 
I finished yesterday!  While I still would not go walking on the beach without my shorts.... YET!  I do feel like I have made strides in my physical abilities.  When I started I was to afraid to even step onto the treadmill.  When I finally worked up the courage I could only run 2 minutes at a time, and only 4 minutes total in my work out.  I am happy to announce that I have worked up to running an entire mile non stop!  It took me 11 minutes and 50 seconds but inspired me to set a new goal.  I want to run an 8 minute mile and I also want to run a 5K next year!  I have also notice increased strength, firmness, and muscle definition in my abs, arms, and legs from the other workouts outlined in the program!  
I have surprised myself with what I was able to accomplish in only 6 weeks.  I did see a slowing at the scales.... like I've mentioned a million times before..... but I lost inches and I feel healthier.  This was not always easy but it was always worth it.  Before I made excuses about why I couldn't go to the gym, like I had dinner to make, I was exhausted from my desk job, I didn't want Sam to have to come home to an empty house.  How silly are all of those reasons not to help myself get into shape and look and feel great!  Instead of watching re-run episodes of friends after work.... alone.... on the couch I'm going to be kicking off the sarong next summer and running around by the pool!  If booty shorts were socially acceptable you would see me in 'em!  But rest assure I will own a pair even if I don't wear them out.  
Thank you all so much for the support!  Everyone that has read the blog and sent comments, emails, and talked with me about their successes and aspirations.  Your the best!  I'm really excited for all of you and thanks for keeping me motivated to get what I want out of myself!
Here is a copy of the plan that I followed.  Its from Weight Watchers Magazine.  Everyone should get it..... I hope that covers me for putting up a picture of their stuff..... 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment