Saturday, September 13, 2008

Turning Point

Hello Family and Friends!  Welcome to my first blog entry!  Two months ago I started weight watchers.  When you look at the picture above you can see why.... This picture is my before picture.  The picture where I did not pose by sitting up straight, crossing my arms in front of my belly, hiding behind someone else, or stretching out my neck for the best jaw line I could manage.  This is me... All of me! When I saw this picture I wanted to cry.  I probably did cry!  

That was then and this is now!  I wanted to share my journey with everyone, uncensored and completely honest, for a few reasons.  
  • I want to keep myself motivated.  How better to do that then to admit my successes and the occasional failure.
  • I want to inspire other people
  • I want to be my dream weight
  • I want to my clothes to say "Yeah she looks hot under here too!" 
  • I have 3 beautiful sisters and a hot mama..... 
If those reasons are not inspiration enough I have my health to think about.  
  • I want to be in the best shape of my life in my 20's not wish I had been when I look back
  • I want to enjoy life and feel like I can conquer anything
  • I want to do athletics without feeling self conscious or thinking that I just can't do it
  • I want to be ready to grow a baby inside a healthy body with already well established habits
So here it is, the secret we always lie about on our drivers license, the reason why the scale has dust on it, the truth!  My turning point!  I weigh....... 161.0 Pounds!  All 5'1" of me!  This is about 30 pounds more then the heavy side of my healthy BMI according to weight watchers.  131.0 is also my weight watchers goal.  I haven't weighed this much since my first year in high school!  The great thing about weight watchers is that the meetings help me realize that, I CAN DO THIS!  I CAN DO THIS ONE MORE DAY!  I CAN DO THIS ONE MORE WEEK!  BECAUSE I'M WORTH IT!    So saddle up cupcake because we are about to embark on the ride of a lifetime!  Thanks for being a part of it!

You'll be seeing a little less of me next time!
Much love,
Sunnie


5 comments:

  1. I know you can do it! I am doing ww online so we can keep each motivated too. I weigh exactly the same as you at the moment btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you honey! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My lovely lovely Sunnie!! I am so very proud of you and am so excited to go with you on this journey.
    You have a wonderful writing style and this shows off you fluid way with words. I know you will be successful. It is so exciting to feel at ease in your own skin. When you can wear anything you want because everything fits. I love you so much, here is to the journey!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a great idea Sunnie! Watching you and Sam over the last few months is really inspirational and I am so happy you guys introduced me to weight watchers.
    Lucy
    P.S. look at my fat face next to you in your before picture. I can't believe its actually me when I see pictures like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen Sister! I love reading everyones comments! Its pretty cool have so many people in the same corner! All I have to say is, BRING IT ON!

    ReplyDelete