The Wii, I like it! I've played Wii sports along with some other games but I took it to the next level when I borrowed the Balance Board and the Wii Active from my mom. It took some time to set it up.... I had trouble setting up the Wii Balance Board and then I didn't check the right box and I didn't end up using it in the exercise I did. The Wii active has workouts to chose from and they vary in intensity and they even have a 30 day challenge that you can take on. My favorite parts... Well you get to make your own avatar. I picked hairstyle, clothes, even body type. I picked a workout according to the calorie burn (Earned myself an ice cream!). When you are working out your avatar copies your movements and the trainer (you can pick boy or girl) gives you tips, and encouragement. You also get to enjoy beautiful scenery as you squat, lung, and use the resistance bands.
My not so favorite parts.... Sometimes the Wii doesn't pick up all your movements so you are sitting in your squat for a loooong time! You have to move the Wii mote just right which takes away from my form or you might get a talking to by your trainer. I used a set of resistance bands that didn't come with the came and that made it very hard to hold the resistance band and the Wii motes. The last things is that the exercise is timed... but it takes a lot longer then it says because of all the demonstrations and the breaks between each exercise are pretty long.
If you need motivation and a program to stick to this was great! I really worked up a sweat too and my calves are sore from all the in place running around the track! I did pass up all the girls and the boys in the races. So in my virtual fitness world I was top notch!
No comments:
Post a Comment