Sunday, January 31, 2010

Week 4: Hooping

I've been excited to start hooping since I picked up the Hooping book by Christabel Zamor that my mom borrowed from the library.  I didn't realize how popular and big hooping was.  Christabel has started a company called Hoop Girl and she does classes, teacher certifications, videos and Hoop performances.   

I went to Hoop Girl to find my hoop.  It's not cheap for a professional hoop, which is an adult sized hoop, but its such a fun way to exercise that I think it was worth it.  I find myself hooping and watching TV instead of just sitting on the couch.  

I ordered my hoop and waited the 2-3 weeks for it to arrive and popped the DVD into the player.  She says that even if you've never hooped before you will still be able to pick it up from her DVD.  While I think that she gives you the tools to figure it out... I think it takes awhile to really get the moves.  I found it fun and challenging, even at times frustrating.  Moving your hips to keep the hoop up and moving your feet and throw in some arm waves... Wow!  It can get crazy.  

I would say this was totally worth trying!  It was just so much fun and when I watch Christabel in this video dancing around and talking about how much fun it is I can't wait to pick up my hoop again.  When I'm looking silly with my arms wiggling and legs trying to step with my hips waggling.... I'm still excited to pick up my hoop because its fun!  

I tried to put up videos and I couldn't get them to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment