Last night we went to Classic Skating to take a few laps around the rink. It's been years since I've been on a pair of skates and when I finally got them all laced up I was none to confident to step out onto the floor. I started the evening out with a pair of hard plastic boot skates and I have to say if you want a killer leg workout get a pair of crappy skates. You may not be able to skate without looking like a dork but your legs will be burning because your trying to control the direction of your skates.
As it turns out I wasn't really looking for a killer workout last night.... I switched to leather skates. If you want to have more fun, this would be the way I would go. I had a bit more control and could skate without taking baby steps.
If you want to have even more fun then go with people that actually know what they are doing. I went with Nate, Ivy, Travis, Carrie, Kristen, and Brandon. It was more fun to be able to see the possibilities because they were just having fun, and doing tricks! I took a few pointers and tried to learn some new things.
Skating was really fun! The time passed so quickly and I did get a little sweaty but like all good exercise I was with friends and fun music and Nate told me that 15 times around the rink is supposed to be a mile! After seeing how all the tricks that people were doing it just makes me want to buy a pair of skates! What a fun night!
No comments:
Post a Comment