My friend Suzanne and her family have been going to Jessie's Boot Camp in West Jordan. She has loved it and has had some great results with her 6 weeks program! She has lost 10 inches and told me she is noticing muscles she didn't even know she had! When she asked me to go to their free Friday orientation day... I said no. Thankfully she is a good friend and persisted until I said yes.
I was pretty nervous going. I was just picturing having to wear a helmet and boots and being yelled at by a huge man if I couldn't keep up. I swallowed my nerves and went for it.
We did circuit training in two groups. We did have to stand at attention when we started and the instructor was actually not as scary as I had imagined but he did speak loudly and would call you out if you weren't on task. He asked if there were any injuries and also if he pushed me was I going to puke... I made a feeble promise that I wouldn't puke and hoped for the best. I ran sprints on the treadmill, incline runs, and my least favorite... bear crawls. I had never done anything like this before and I can't imagine doing it again anytime soon but it was killer for the legs. Basically you have your treadmill at an incline and put your hands on the treadmill and walk hand and foot. It's complicated and takes some coordination but wow! It was a dozy. When you weren't on the treadmill you were lifting serious weight and working all muscles groups. You did that for 4 circuits and then an abs section. This is were he was really cracking down and I was exhausted! We muscled through it and made it to the end of the one hour class.
This was serious work! I felt pretty awesome after! There were people in the class to motivate you and if you sign up for the program you go to the class for 4 days and then run on the track on Fridays. If you need some serious motivation I think this is awesome! It wasn't as scary as I thought it was going to be and I got a great workout!
No comments:
Post a Comment