The only thing that I can think to say about this is that, seriously, if I can do it anybody can do it! Its amazing how the only thing that was holding me back was myself. I was looking at the program and saying "Yeah Right!" But every time I tried a new intensity I did it! EVERY TIME! Its hard don't get me wrong. There are a lot of times that I think I need to take a break but I just think about my muscles and my body and ask myself a few questions. Do I really need to stop? Am I going to go flying off the treadmill from exhaustion if I don't stop right now? The answer is always NO! So I keep going.
Something that I've learned about myself is that when I start to feel like I need to eat something right now or I have to stop whatever physical activity I'm doing what I really need to do is get in control of my thoughts! Stop being a drama queen, let go of the panic and really think!
I read in a book that a quick meditation before eating can really help you stick to the right kinds of foods. Also to set an intention every day. So when your first waking up and your thinking about your day set a goal. Today I'm not going to have an ice cream at 10pm or Today I'm going to run a 5k! And just do it!
If you want a copy of the running program let me know! If you start today in 12 weeks you could be running a 5k just in time for the Race For The Cure on May 10th! I want to start a team but I need at least 5 people to start. Let me know if you want to be on the team! Here is a link for registration fees and forms. LETS DO IT PEOPLE!
No comments:
Post a Comment