Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Woes Of A Roadtrip Weight Gain

I'm back from my road trip and back to reality.  I have good news and bad news...... I'll start with the good.  

I passed hundreds of In and Out Burgers which have yet to join the forces of evil here in Utah in the on going battle to expand my jean size!  In fact we didn't stop at one fast food restaurant and like I promised I bought nothing but gas and water from the many gas stations that we stop in on along the way.  Lastly I even managed a great run in AZ!  So there you have it!  The highlights of my weight loss journey on my trip away from home.

Now to the bad news........ 


Is to much of a good thing bad?  Yes, yes it is!  While I think I ate better then I ever have on a road trip, I accidentally left the will power for portion control at home.  I learned a very important lesson, its just the same to eat as much of a good thing as you can then if you had eaten something not so good.  There was one WHOLE day were I felt so uncomfortably full but as soon as the pain of my expanded stomach was beginning to ease.... I ate something else. Its all too possible that I'll be having a flash back of weigh ins past this week!  I think I am about to relive the Halloween debacle...... 

But with every hard lesson comes a new resolve!  I have 2 months until my trip.  I have run out of time for days off.  The exercise I feel comfortable with its the eating that needs a serious make over so I can frolic on the beach's of Spain care free!  I've taken some steps to help motivate myself.  

  • I'll be attending the WW meetings.  (I always go in and weigh myself but I haven't been staying for the meetings..... This has to stop)
  • I've pledged to loose 7 pounds in the next month on the Biggest Losers Pound for Pound Challenge.  So for every pound I loose they donate a pound of food to families in need.  Its ending on 5/5/09 but if you want to make a pledge here is the website www.biggestloser.com 
  • Tracking!  I haven't been doing it!  I count in my head but its just not the same.
  • No more "FREE" days.  Their not free!  I pay for everything I eat.
So basically I'm returning to the basics!  But its really exciting to think about the out come of two months of hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment