That's right, I said Jazzercise!
You may have thought that this form of exercise had in fact gone out of style long ago. You would be wrong if this is your assumption. Jazzercise is still at large and in a studio near you.
I went to the studio in West Jordan and the address is 2775 West 7800 South but if this is not a good location for you there are studios in Magna, Riverton, Sandy, and Salt Lake. I had called before and asked if Ivy and I could come and try a class for free and they said that it was okay. They did however really try to sell us a month membership before and after the class. I'm still expecting to receive phone calls from them asking us to join.
We had to fill out our waivers before we started class and then the music started and we got our groove on. The steps were pretty easy to follow and if you are nervous about knowing them you can look them all up on their website. The instructor kept reminding us however that if you don't get it the first time don't worry because we would be repeating them.
The class included a warm-up what they call "The Curve" which is were the aerobic activities peaks, some weight lifting, a standing abs section and a cool-down. We finished a little early so she through an extra song to do some leg exercise.
The diffuculty level wasn't too high but it was a fun and interactive class. At one point we were all doing our "Catwalk" in a line together with a little booty shakin'.
All in all the class was fun with a mild intensity level and easy to pick up on and the best part, they have a huge line of Jazzercise clothing! I've always thought the best part of a sport is the clothes. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
http://www.jazzercise.com/index.htm




DUDE! I did Jazzercise last year for like 6 months until we moved! I absolutely LOVED it! It was SOO much fun! The music selection was awesome and it pumps you up! AH! I'm so excited that someone young likes it with me!!
ReplyDelete