So I tried to make it easier for myself this week by dividing up my fruits and veggies as well as dips and crackers, cereal, and soups up into portion sizes yesterday. It took about an hour but now when I get hungry and want to grab at an entire tub of guac, it is already divided into a one point serving size. I'm also going to religiously pack all my good health guidelines for lunch this week. This one is hard because in my infinite wisdom I want to have enough points to have my goodies and its less important to have a healthy food. If I pack my lunch to fulfill all good health guidelines I can't change my mind and grab for something else in the snack cupboard because alas the snack cupboard is miles away!
I think I may have pinpointed a blunder that made my weigh ins slow down a few weeks ago. I was very into having a healthy oil with a mini bag of popcorn for awhile..... Unfortunately I thought that one serving size was a Tablespoon, and that it was 1 point..... Well I found out that it is a teaspoon and that a Tablespoon of an oil is in fact 4 points! I had been greasing up my popcorn with 4 points of oil daily! When I figured that out I had to laugh.
As you can tell I am in need of a slap on on wrist! Halloween is this weekend and I have to be very good because I am a pinch and a squeeze away from a gain next week! Here is my weigh in info from Saturday:
Weigh In: -0.2 pounds
Total: 20.2 pounds lost!
BFP: 36%
Its not a gain! But its too close for comfort! I'm not sure how I'll do this weekend because I'm not going to get on the scale during the week, I can tell you that I went out to eat twice this weekend and the only vegetable I had was one spear of asparagus. I did make room for cake, candy, and cookies! I feel skinny today! I'm just going to try and hold onto that......
Wish me lucky!
You are good to look things square in the face. This is not rocket science! Calories in calories out. You have to eat less than you use. I am glad you figured out a teaspoon vs a tablespoon!! No wonder your popcorn was soooooo good!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work sweetie!! It is really worth it. It feels great to be thin. I love ya...Mom