Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Skinny Mini In Training

I have bad news..... Last week my goal was to keep going to the gym.  Well I didn't.  I went to one yoga class and it was because someone else asked me to go with them!  The weird thing is that I lost more weight not working out then I have when I was on my program!  I'm calling this a fluke and hitting the gym!  So I'm going to keep the same goal as last week.  

I did my homework about workout plans to help you prepare for a 5K.  I'm doing a 3 week running for beginners workout.  I just started yesterday but its pretty intense. I feel like I can do it because of the base that I have made for myself.  After the beginners workout plan I'll be ready for the 5k Prep Plan.  If anybody is interested in joining me in my quest to run a 5K let me know!  I'm going to start looking for the run that I want because I'm sure that nothing could be more motivating then signing up for a run!  

Hopefully next spring I will be ready to run outside!  I made an attempt last week and it was pretty embarrassing.  As you all know I've been running on the Treadmill and that is helpful because it keeps a pace for me.  But the other day I wanted to give it a shot on my own outside!  Feeling like a hotshot I walked out my door and past my neighbors that were having a family party and started running!!! I made it about 2 streets down...... If you have been to my neighborhood then you know that the streets are only about 2 houses wide....... I made the walk of shame back past my neighbors to my house.  I had already been running that day and I went full speed down the street.  The only thing I proved that day was that I'm not a sprinter........ 

No comments:

Post a Comment